Sunday, May 27, 2012

I'm Loving

I'm loving this white kitchen. I am really into white as I think it creates a great blank canvas to showcase art works and other pops of colour in furniture and other decorating items.
Image via The Style Files
I also LOVE the open shelves and the subway tiles in this kitchen that I spotted today on an AWESOME blog - The Style Files. I have subway tiles in my kitchen and it was a very last minute decision to use the subway tiles. I remember a last minute call to our builder and tiler explaining that I was making a quick dash to the tile shop to pick them up (very much like on the channel nine "The Block" series). But, I am very happy that we made the decision. The subway tiles in our kitchen add some character to an otherwise plain, modern kitchen.

I also really love the open shelves. I kind of wish we had left our walls open for shelves rather than used over head cupboards. I think open shelves really open up the space in a kitchen. I also think that kitchens look great when you can see simple kitchen ware items on display - like in the cool image above.

What do you think of open shelves instead of cupboards? Does anyone have any cool kitchen images to share?

Fi xx

2 comments:

  1. Hiya! Ive been stalking your blog since I discovered it a couple of weeks ago. It's so cute! I am a massive fan of white kitchens too! And while I love the idea of open shelves.. I'm way too messy :) Seeya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! Thanks for checking out my blog. You put a smile on my face when I read your comment! Sometimes a little bit of clutter can look pretty cool on an open shelf. I think a little bit of clutter can keep a home looking real!!

      Fi xx

      Delete

Hello. Thanks for popping in to say hello.